Friday, January 27, 2017

Daily Thoughts 01/27/2017

Reading - Konstantin Makovsky
Reading, Konstantin Makovsky, 1900

Daily Thoughts 01/27/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library today.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I worked on a small order of books for Central Library District.

We had a surprise visit from our Ebsco representative where we talked about how Ebsco bought out H.W. Wilson as well as the Consumer Reports database.

On the way to work, I read some of  Another Country by James Baldwin.

I spent some time working on programming for Black History Month.  I also worked a bit on putting together content for flyers.

I placed a hold on the book, Reality Is Not What It Seems The Journey to Quantum Gravity by Carlo Rovelli.

I read some more of Another Country by James Baldwin as I went home.  I also read a few of James Baldwin's short stories.  I rather liked the story, The Rockpile.

Web Bits


Publishers Respond to Losing Some ‘New York Times’ Bestseller Lists

DC Public Library is Also Running Out of Orwell’s “1984”

No comments: