Friday, January 13, 2017

Daily Thoughts 01/13/2017

Brooklyn Museum - Girl Arranging Flowers - William McGregor Paxton - overall.jpg
Brooklyn Museum, Girl Arranging Flowers, William McGregor Paxton, 1921


Daily Thoughts 01/13/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.  I spent some time examining some of the large print books for damage and repairs as well as location changes and relabeling.

I have been looking at legal databases a little bit.

I checked out the book, How Bad Writing Destroyed the World Ayn Rand and the Literary Origins of the Financial Crisis by Adam Weiner.  I also checked out some films on writers and film critics including Life Itself about Roger Ebert.

I called Penguin Speakers Bureau today.

I am looking at the books Peacock & Vine On William Morris and Mariano Fortuny by A.S. Byatt.  I like the photographs, picture of paintings, tapestries, and houses in this book.  It is not a big book, but it is very lovely in its design.  There are also many quotes from William Morris's writing.

Web Bits

Charlottesville Welcomes First Ever Toy Library
http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Charlottesville-welcomes-first-ever-toy-library-410654695.html

The Future of Library Cards
https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2017/01/03/future-library-cards/




No comments: