Monday, January 16, 2017

Daily Thoughts 01/16/2017

Wisdom - Titian
Wisdom, Titian, 1560

Daily Thoughts 01/16/2017

I am off today for Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library today.

I read some more of The Revenge of Analog by David Sax.  I am reading about how digital technology is often not the answer for replacing analog jobs.  Digital jobs tend be focused on the highly educated, require lots of specialization, and are based on eliminating excess manpower.  People who work with their hands are usually not the right candidates for computer jobs.

I watched the recorded lecture for my Current Issues class today.

Web Bits



SF Public Library's Quest to Put Diversity on Shelves

Equipping People To Stay Ahead of Technological Change

Obama's Secret to Surviving the Whitehouse Years: Books

How to Have an Affair With Your Library


No comments: