Saturday, January 7, 2017

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2017

Floral still life - Paul Signac
Floral Still Life, Paul Signac, 1920-1924

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also read some more.  I read a bit in The Challenge of Library Management about change management. I also read some more of Catalyst Rogue One by James Luceno.  This is the story of the creation of the death star in Star Wars.  It is focused on the scientist who made the death star possible.  I am also reading a third book, The Revenge of Analog by David Sax.  It is focused on analog products that have done well with digitization.  Many of these are specialty products like molekskin notebooks, high quality print magazines, and specialty board games which have thrived with Kickstarter.

I also started my class, Current Issues online.  We are reading articles about libraries which we admire to find things which we might do for our own library.

Web Bits


Referenda Roundup 2016  How States Performed on Library Measures

What  Is E-circ and Why Did We Addi It

He Fixes the Cracked Spines of Books, Without an Understudy


No comments: