Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Daily Thoughts 01/25/2017


Amish Letter Writer, Horace Pippin, 1940

Daily Thoughts 01/25/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

We had training in the morning for Blue Cloud Analytics this morning focused on statistics.  We looked at circulation and holdings statistics.  The training was for two hours in the computer lab.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time working in teh computer lab.

We turned in the grant for the NEA Big Read grant.  We are focusing on the book, A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines.

We got an Advanced Reading Copy of the graphic novel, DC Universe Rebirth All Star Batman Vol 1. My Own Worst Enemy. 

I read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement, the New York Times Bestseller List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.  I still have to read the New York Times Book review.

There is a Wordpress class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Web Bits

The Wonderful World of NonTraditional Library Collections
https://hacklibraryschool.com/2017/01/25/the-wonderful-world-of-non-traditional-library-collections/

No comments: