Saturday, September 2, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/02/2017

Laurent de La Hyre - Allegorical Figure of Grammar - WGA12311.jpg
Allegorical Figure of Grammar, Laurent De Hyre, 1649

Daily Thoughts 09/02/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Information Services to Diverse Populations this morning.  This book is focused on diversity.  It is about how to handle interactions with diverse populations.  The book also focuses on hiring more diverse librarians as well as increasing the number of minorities in the library professorship.  There is quite a bit on managing librarians from diverse backgrounds as well.  There is an appendix with a course outline for a library class in diversity.  There is not a lot on assessing different communities for diversity or purchasing diverse material.

I watched two half hour session of the Science of Mindfulness A Research Based Path to Well Being on Hoopla Digital today.  This finished my five monthly sessions of Hoopla.

I finished reading Information Services to Diverse Populations Developing Culturally Competent Library Professionals by Nicole A. Cooke.  There is a list of professional organizations, conferences, and initiatives  that are tied with diversity in the back of the book near the index.  I looked through it for awards for diverse material.


Web Bits


Read My Lips The Library Will Always Be My First Love


No comments: