Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2017



The author despositing his voice at the patent-office, to prevent counterfeiting Scribner's Magazine, vol. 16, no 2, August 1894, p. 225, Albert Robida


Daily Thoughts 09/05/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I stayed up late and read The Obelisk Gate by N.K, Jemisin which is the second book in the Broken Earth trilogy.  It was quite gripping.  I am starting the third book in the series today, The Stone Sky.

I placed an order for new books this morning.

I am planning on working on the calendar and programming today.  There are a few things which I have to check.

I have a copy of the October Ingram Advance to read.  I also have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.

I got a copy of an Advanced Reading Copy for The Spark by David Drake.  David Drake is a military science fiction author.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight as well.

I am enjoying reading The Spark.  It feels a little like a golden age Poul Anderson or Andre Norton story.  There is a light touch of humor in the story.

Web Bits

A Global Vision for Libraries
I voted.

I couldn't go to film school  I learned from the library


                                                                      

No comments: