Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/20/2017

Chinese Sage Reading While Riding on a Buffalo - Toyota Hokkei
Chinese Sage Reading, Toyota Hokkei, 1820

Daily Thoughts 09/20/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.  The author asserts that leadership is more important than management.   I find this to be interesting, leadership is a bit different than management.  For me this statement is like saying strategy is more important tactics.  I also read some of Great By Choice by Jim Collins and Morten T. Hansen this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time working on graphic novel handout for comics lit.  Hopefully, there should be some printed soon.  My colleague is working on a bookmark for recent writing books.

We have the new flier for the computer classes for October ready.

There was a program today.  People enjoyed it tremendously.  It was a Tango class taught by Josie LaRiccia.  This was part of a grant from ArtsWestchester.  It was from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. today.

There is a Wordpress class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. today in the computer lab.

The Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting is tonight.

A number of books came in for me for my Organizing and Personnel Management class including Leading Libraries How To Create a Service Culture by Wyoma VanDuinKirken, Expect More Demanding Better Libraries for Today's Complex World by R. David Lankes, and New Routes to Library Success 100+ Ideas From Outside The Stacks by Elisabeth Doucett.

I read a copy of Library Journal for September 1st.  I have another copy to read.  I looked through two copies of the Times Literary Supplement.

Web Bits


New York Comic Con 2017 Adds Library Programming

Book Industry Charitable Foundation

Library of Congress Labs

Aurora Libraries New 'Heart of America' Mural To Celebrate Diversity



No comments: