Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2017

Simmons12.jpg
Edward Simmons, September Afternoon, 1891

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Phenomena last night.  There is a bit on when Aldous Huxley met Dr. Puharich and wrote The Doors of Perception.  It also has quite a bit on Uri Geller.  From my perspective the book is more interesting because of the people than the extra sensory perception.  There is a mix of every kind of strangeness from eccentricity to madness.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

We have our first author registered for the Local Author Fair on October 7, 2017.

There is a management meeting at 2:30 p.m. today.

I have been printing up some flyers for various events.

I also met briefly with the instructor from the crochet group.

Three books came in for me to read, Our Iceberg Is Melting by John Kotter and Holger Rathgeber, Ideas Are Free by Alan G. Robinson and Dean M. Schroeder, and the ALA Big Book of Library Grant Money by Ann Kepler.

There is a Beginning Wordpress class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab.

I read Our Iceberg is Melting by John Kotter and Holger Rathgeber tonight on the way home.  John Kotter is the author of Who Moved My Cheese.  This is basically a business fable about how to handle a very unpleasant situation with a smile.  It is meant to prepare people to make extreme choices put forth by management groups.  I found the book to be both funny and cynical at the same time.

Web Bits


Social Media In Libraries Webinar Series from Webjunction


Experimenting With Technology

Why A Library Card

'Don't Wait": Snowden Urges Action at Free Library Simulcast Event

No comments: