Monday, September 25, 2017

Daily Thoughts 09/25/2017


Man Seated With His Reading and Writing Materials Before Him, 
Ryūryūkyo Shinsai (Japanese, active ca. 1799–1823)


Daily Thoughts 09/25/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I changed a few of the displays today.  I put a display of local authors in one of the display cases and a display of banned books in another display case.

I posted a few things to Twitter for the Rebel Reader Banned Books week contest.  I did a coloring sheet which said Words Are Power.

I put in a few orders for new books today.  I also looked through a copy of the New York Review of Books.

We had a meeting this morning with Arts Westchester discussing sponsorship for a local hip hop organization.  It was quite interesting.  We are working on several different things with Arts Westchester.  This includes a Comic Con for next year, a short story writing workshop, and providing space for an Acrylic Painting workshop.

I have a copy of Booklist and Library Journal to read.

The Adult Games Night is tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

There is also a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I read some more of New Routes to Library Success on the way home.  I read about different Kickstarter and how they support innovators. The book mentioned The Library As Incubator Project
http://www.libraryasincubatorproject.org/

Web Bits


Strictly Analog Developing A Gaming Program At Your Library
http://www.libraryasincubatorproject.org/?p=19476

Read & Reward: Kids Read Books to Pay Off Fines

The Library The Gold Rush Built

Library of Congress Makes Alexander Hamilton's Papers Available Online


No comments: