Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Daily Thoughst 8/24/2010 (Book Reviews, facebook, collection development)

Copperplate originally in Jacques Gamelin: Nouveau reueil d'ostéologie et de myologie, dessiné d'après nature..., Toulouse 1779. 

Daily Thoughts 8/24/2010

While I was looking through the August 22, 2010 New York Times Book Review, I placed on hold on The glamour of grammar : a guide to the magic and mystery of practical English by Roy Peter Clark,
reviewed by Ammon Shea. I am a big fan of Ammon Shea. His essays on the Oxford University Press blog are quite interesting. http://blog.oup.com/?s=ammon+shea&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0  . I also placed Common As Air, Revolution, Art, and Ownership on hold as well. 



I am also looking at The Facebook Era Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach New Audiences, and Sell More Stuff by Clara Shih.  I am interested in the reach new audiences part right now.


Today has been another quiet day.  There are two meetings which I am preparing for.  Tomorrow we are discussing collection development, and on Thursday we are having visitors from the people who run our computer systems visit our library.  This morning, I took some time to check the accuracy of the labeling of the new books.

No comments: