Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Daily Thoughts 8/31/2010 (Acquisitions Web, Trustees )

19th-century painting representing Alexander I's visit to the Russian National Library on January 2, 1812.

Daily Thoughts 8/31/2010

Today has been another steady day.  I worked on a bookmark for starting a business with a list of recommended book titles.  I am also thinking about doing another one which points to different web sites for business.  I also looked around a little more in the storage stacks.  I still have to look at our electronic ordering.




http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/886292-264/every_reader_a_reviewer_the.html.csp An article from Library Journal on how reviews have spilled out of the professional journals to all over the web. 




I found the new website for Acquisitions Web which is a resource site for acquisitions and collection development librarians.  It has a lot of useful information on the site.  The site is designed in Drupal which is an open source content management system. http://www.acqweb.org/ 




I read a little bit more of Common As Air. It is a very philosophical book.  The author is very focused on ideas. 




My library is seeking two trustees.  I am hoping the board chooses someone with strong fundraising skills, a sense of customer service, and strong ties with the local arts community.  The address to apply is in the briefing.  http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108240337  




I added the month of June to my list of book reviews.  I am thinking of what comes after this.

No comments: