Friday, March 2, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/02/2012

Printing chintzes at Merton Abbey c. 1890, first published in Morris & Company, A Brief Sketch Of The Morris Movement and of the Firm Founded by William Morris to Carry Out His Designs and the Industries Revived or Started by Him. Written To Commemorate The Firm's Fiftieth Anniversary In June 1911. Privately printed at the Chiswick Press for Morris & Company, 1911. (Date information from Gillian Naylor, William Morris by Himself: Designs and Writings, London, Little Brown & Co. 2000 reprint of 1988 edition.)

Daily Thoughts 03/02/2012

I finished reading No Shelf Required.  It was useful for me.  I am looking forward to reading No Shelf Required 2.

This morning, BWI (Book Wholesalers Inc.) came by to visit.  We talked briefly about the libraries status as the central library and ordering books for the Central Library District.  The representative told me that BWI is planning on doing an ebook platform which should be interesting.  He also dropped off a few books from Stackpole books which publishes books on nature, the military, and hunting.  He should be at School Library Journal Day of Dialog.

I had a chance to look through the gift books and selected some items which were classics as well as a few young adult biographies which might be added to the collection.  I also checked the displays and updated the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library this morning.

The book 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami has come in to read for the Kindle.  I got my notification from Westchester Library System a few minutes ago.

We had a Dr. Seuss festival at the library today.

During the last few days, I have gotten a few application rejections.  This is not so bad.  It means people are reading my resume at least.

I wanted to go to the General Assembly career fair tomorrow, but I was asked to work on Saturday.  It is the same reason, I could not do a tour of General Assembly on Tuesday or go to the New York Tech Meetup on Tuesday either because I was called in.  I guess my works needs me.

This is the listing for the Chief Administrator or Director of the Mount Vernon Public Library.  The library is looking for new leadership.
http://lisjobs.com/jobseekers/details.asp?ID=46223

Web Bits

Go Reader Go: Read Across America 2012
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-industry-news/article/50869-go-reader-go--read-across-america-2012.html

No comments: