Monday, March 19, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/19/2012

[Figure wrapped in blanket sitting on a barrel and reading] Date Created/Published: [between 1860 and 1865]  Part of: Morgan collection of Civil War drawings (Library of Congress) Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-20287 (digital file from original item) 

Daily Thoughts 03/19/2012


I read some more of The Information Diet this morning.  The author is writing about data literacy.  One of the ideas he talks about is that it is necessary to be able to communicate with tools like blogger, html, and social media to be literate with data.  This is an idea that is curious to me.  It shows how much the world has changed.

 Lynda.com lets you take very short segments of video training between five and ten minutes in each segment.

I read some more of The Information Diet this afternoon.  I am learning about transparency and information.  The problem is that even if information is transparent very few people tend to take the time to read through complex documents.

I am noticing that more companies are switching to tablets.  One particularly interesting company that I found was Readz which is a content management system for tablets to publish applications.  http://www.readz.com

I am looking at the website for the Book Industry Guild of New York.  It is the first time I have ever seen it.
http://www.bookindustryguildofny.org/  

Mostly, I relaxed some more today.



Web Bits


That Sound You Hear? It's The Library World Changing
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2012/03/opinion/bubble-room/that-sound-you-hear-its-the-library-world-changing/

No comments: