Monday, March 12, 2012

Daily Thoughts 03/12/2012


Portrait of Eugene O'neill, September 5, 1933

03/12/2012

This morning I spent some time organizing my thoughts on the train.  I sometimes take the time to write out what I am thinking and prioritize things.

I also updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library, checked the displays, and checked the gift books.

The Welcome Mat book catalog from Baker and Taylor covering Home and Garden came in today.

We have Bimpe Fageyinbo who will be reading from her memoir tomorrow, Tuesday, March 13, 2012 So Maybe That's The Bee's Weakness  from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Community Room.  I have to get ready for the event.

I checked out The Selected Letters of Eugene O'Neill for tomorrow for the Biography Book Club from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  It should be interesting.  Letter writing is a dying art because of email.
I started reading it.  I learned he was a merchant seaman for a while.
Three books came in for me to read, The Arab Uprising What Everyone Needs to Know by James L. Gelvin, No Shelf Required 2 Use and Management of Electronic Books, Edited by Sue Polanka and Too Big To Know, Rethinking Knowledge Now That the Facts Aren't the Facts, Experts are Everywhere, and the Smartest Person in the Room is the Room by David Weinberger.  I found the book Too Big to Know on http://findings.com/ 

I also put the book, The Information Diet: A Case for Conscious Consumption  by Clay A. Johnson on hold.  I also found this on Findings.com.  What is interesting about the two books I found on Findings is that they do not appear to come from the library profession, yet they talk about information and knowledge.

No comments: