Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daily Thoughts 06/02/2013

On the Dunes (Lady Shannon and Kitty), ca. 1900-1910. James Jebusa Shannon (Anglo-American, 1862-1923). Oil on canvas. Smithsonian American Art Museum.

Daily Thoughts 06/02/2013

This morning, I spent some time sorting through business cards.  I still have to contact people and thank them for talking to me about different things at the conference.

While I was at the laundry I took some time to look at a number of different book vendors cards.  People from Baker and Taylor, Library Journal, Writer.ly, and other places.  I have to sit down and send out a few compliments.

I finished reading The Librarians Guide to Micropublishing Helping Patrons and Communities Use Free and Low-Cost Publishing Tools to Tell Their Stories by Walt Crawford.  Walt Crawford focuses on two services for book production, Createspace and Lulu.  There is also a bit of a focus on genealogy and local history. 

Web Bits

A Reading Relief at Annual Book Show
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/business/media/bookexpo-america-draws-20000-to-javits-center.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130601&_r=0


No comments: