Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Daily Thoughts 06/25/2013

Interior at Arcachon, Edouard Manet, 1871

Daily Thoughts 06/25/2013

I have steadily been reading Lexicon by Max Barry.  I find it interesting because at the heart of the novel, it is a book about words and the power and meaning of words.  The plot is one of suspense, but that is not what matters to me.  I rather like the underlying theme that people are strongly influenced by words and words can both control, persuade, and kill.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays and worked on the weekly orders.  I have some things to think about with ordering.

I spent a little time working with one of the senior clerks on my section of the new website which is being worked on called Books, Movies, Music.   I have quite a bit more to do.

Web Bits

Pew Study Teens Still Love Print Media Traditional Library Services
http://www.slj.com/2013/06/public-libraries/pew-study-teens-still-love-print-media-traditional-library-services/

No comments: