Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Daily Thoughts 06/12/2013

Walter Crane (1845-1915, UK)

Daily Thoughts 06/12/2013

I have been reading Digital Photography Masterclass by Tom Ang on the way to work.  A lot of it is conceptual.  It is about how to look at things.  Concepts like light, shadows, depth of field, and other ways of looking at the world have been gone over.  It is aesthetically interesting reading this book.  He includes multiple photographs for everything which he describes.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library today.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  There were a few large print James Patterson books which will be added.

I spent some time talking about the meeting tomorrow for the web committee with colleagues.  I am thinking about how I can do some slideshows for the displays as well as how to incorporate some digital photographs into the website.  I probably should spend a little bit of time on Bookletters today.

We have a few new part time librarians who have come in.  This means I have less time on the reference desk and more time to focus on the collection.

Web Bits

Coming Soon A Universal Ereading App
http://jwikert.typepad.com/the_average_joe/2013/06/in-search-of-a-universal-ereading-app.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheAverageJoe+(The+Average+Joe)

ACRL NY Symposium December 6, 2013  The Library as Knowledge Laboratory
http://acrlny.org/greetings-from-2013-acrlny-symposium-chair/
This looks interesting.  It covers things like Big Data and 3D printing which are fascinating.


No comments: