Friday, June 7, 2013

Daily Thoughts 06/07/2013

Lesende in einem feinen Salon (1918). Karl Maria Schuster (Austrian, 1871-1953).


Daily Thoughts 06/07/2013

I started reading The Shambling Guide to New York City by Mur Lafferty.  The premise is excellent.  A young human editor is hired to write a guide to New York city for the undead.  The author has to keep herself alive and employed at the same time.  It is fun in a dark way.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library.  I put in the monthly statistics.  I also checked the displays.  I am putting in a new display for adult fiction.  We had a management meeting this morning to discuss different things around the library including the website, security, and ebooks.  It was useful.

This afternoon, I spent a little more time on the displays.  I also spent some time working on an order of computer books.  I am looking at a few more advanced titles like Practical 3D Printers by Brian Evans and Web Standards: Mastering HTML 5, CSS 3, and XML by Leslie Sikos.

Web Bits

Focus On People Not Tools The User Experience
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/06/opinion/aaron-schmidt/focus-on-people-not-tools-the-user-experience/

No comments: