Thursday, June 6, 2013

Daily Thoughts 06/06/2013



Universiteitsbibliotheek Leiden in 1610 van Woudanus.
Daily Thoughts 06/06/2013

I finished reading Number Sense on the way to work.  The last part was kind of interesting it was about statistics in fantasy football, something which I would have never read about if I had not picked up this book.  I also started reading Digital Cameras For Dummies.  Right now, I am reading about memory in digital cameras.  I turned in a flash drive with a bunch of photographs which I took around the building.

This morning, I spent some time working on the Gay Pride Month display which is this June.  It is not something which I know a lot about.  I had to spend some time looking in encyclopedias and on the web to identify biographies and quality books on the subject. 

I also checked the displays this morning and made sure the Facebook and Twitter was up to date.  The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.  There are also two computer classes tonight, an Introduction to Excel class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and an Introduction to Powerpoint class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m..

Web Bits

Hyperlinked Library MOOC
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/programs/moocs/hyperlinked-library-mooc?goback=%2Egmp_1814025%2Egde_1814025_member_224786053
I think this is an experiment in collaborative learning.  It sounds interesting.  Imagine enrolling 400 students online.

No comments: