Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Daily Thoughts 12/11/2018

Reading at a Table
Reading At A Table, Pablo Picasso, 1934

Daily Thoughts 12/11/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Bullet Journal Method on the way to work I am finding it very easy to follow and useful.  I like how it is easy to put together a monthly plan with this method.  It is helping me create better lists of what I need to do and track.

I spent some time preparing to contact people for Give Gab.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review and Library Journal to read.

I spent some time placing orders for new books.

I started writing a report for the Lets Build Robots campaign on Give Gab.  We had 106 teens and tweens who have participated so far.

I read a little more of Weaponized Lies.  I am reading about what makes an expert.

We had a meeting with a Westchester Library System.  We discussed prison re-entry to society and a variety of services.  I learned that there was a welcome card for people coming out of long term rehabilitation or prison https://connections.westchesterlibraries.org/about/wls-welcome-card-registration/.  I also learned about a site which lists connections to services from the Westchester Library System,

There was a celebration during the Crochet Group hours from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The Fundamentals of Computers Class and the Beginning Microsoft Word class is tonight in the computer lab.

We also have a holiday cookie decorating program from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room.

I checked out two books today, The Gifts of Acceptance Embracing People and Things as They Are by Daniel A. Miller and The Richest Man In Babylon by George S. Clason.

Web Bits


How to Use Data to Plan A Targeted Library Campaign

Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humans

No comments: