Thursday, December 13, 2018

Daily Thoughts 12/13/2018

Félix Vallotton, 1904c - Femme lisant à la fenêtre.jpg
Félix Vallotton, 1904c - Femme lisant à la fenêtre

Daily Thoughts 12/13/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am doing a presentation today on databases at the local high school for the teachers with the director and a colleague.

I read some more of Weaponized Lies this morning.  I am reading about what makes an expert.

I also read some of The Bullet Journal Method.  There is a lot of organizational philosophy in the book including kaizen, mindfulness, and intentionality.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We spent some time preparing for a visit to Grimes Elementary School.  We put together a powerpoint presentation.  We got to present about databases and electronic resources at the Mount Vernon Public Library for forty five minutes.  I presented on the different databases which we had in comparison to the Mount Vernon City School District.  The head of periodicals showed some of the magazines for children like Ladybug.  The director gave a very brief introduction.

I spent some more time working on a powerpoint presentation for the Lets Build Robots Give Gab Campaign.  I have a rough draft with photographs of codrones, ozobots, and Rokit Smart.

I also sent out two more query letters to foundations today.

I checked some of the fiction books in the mezzanine.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review and Library Journal.

Web Bits


Are Dogs the New Library Cat?

Los Angeles County Libraries Allow Kids to Read Away Late Fees

Library of Congress Adds More Classics to National Film Registry




No comments: