Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Daily Thoughts 12/18/2018

File:The luxury of reading in bed ... - Julia Greene. LCCN2014649600.tif
The Luxury of Reading in Bed, Julia Greene, 1905

Daily Thoughts 12/18/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night I read A Darkling Sea by James L. Cambias.  It was his debut science fiction novel.  I like it because there is a different storyline.  Humans are studying aliens, the Ilmarans which are like giant intelligent shrimp or crabs.  There is conflict with another alien race over how humans should interact with the Ilmarans.  This makes for a an exciting story.

The story itself is hard science fiction.  People are exploring an alien ocean deep under ice using submarines, a deep sea base, and an elevator from the surface to the ocean.  I enjoyed the action and the technology in this story.  It was well worth reading.  There are three different viewpoint characters, each from a different species.  This makes the structure of the writing entertaining.

I also read some more of The Gifts of Acceptance.  I am reading about accepting children.

I contacted a few more people about the Give Gab campaign for a teen lab/young adult area.
https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

Web Bits


Librarians Worry About Digital Divide Ahead of 2020 Census

No comments: