Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/04/2019

File:Renoir - the-writing-lesson-1895.jpg!PinterestLarge.jpg
Renoir, The Writing Lesson, 1895

Daily Thoughts 06/04/2019

I read some more of Information Wars on the way to work.  I am reading about social media and email in the State Department.  The focus is on using Twitter to counter ISIL and Russia.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time checking the fiction books in the mezzanine.

Right now I am in the computer lab.  They are setting up my desk in the community room.  The main technical area is being redone.

My desk is setup with a computer.  I spent some time working on the Community Development Block Grant today.

The Mount Vernon Public Library is participating in the Stop and Shop Bags 4 My Cause campaign.  We get $1 for every reusable shopping bag that is purchased in the Stop and Shop on 240 East Sandford Boulevard in Mount Vernon, New York.  I hope the campaign goes well.

I also started working on my monthly report for June.  I sent in my conference report.

I put in three orders for new books this morning.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class in the computer lab this evening.

There is also a Bullet Journaling Workshop this afternoon in the Fiction Room.


Web Bits

Libraries Working Together for All Americans

Friday Essay:  Humanist Ideal Social Glue and Tourism Hotspot

Your Library Needs to Speak to You

The Chicago Public Library Just Got a $5 Million Dollar to Build a Branch at the Obama Presidential Center

Millenials Are… Saving Libraries



No comments: