Thursday, June 6, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/06/2019


Bookseller and Author, Thomas Rowlandson, 1784

Daily Thoughts 06/06/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Information Wars on the way to work.  I am reading about about diplomacy in the Ukraine and Eastern Europe.  The United States and Russia are both trying to convince people about who is the right choice to follow.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I put in for another Community Development Block Grant today.  I also am communicating with a person about grants at the library.

I got a package from Book Expo America containing a few new books.  There was an Amish romance by Wanda Brunstetter.

I also spent some time looking through some catalogs of new books from Book Expo America.  I am working on an order for new books.  I checked the Collection Management Sheet for requests by patrons for books.

I spent some time checking fiction in the mezzanine as well as some 800s.

There is a class tonight in the computer lab on How to Download Pictures and Video on your smart phone or tablet.

Web Bits


The Road to Advocacy-- Uncovering Your Library's Support System

A Treasure Trove of Old New York Newspapers Will Soon Be Available Online at Brooklyn Public Library

'Lowering Barriers' for Researchers UC Berkeley Library Adopts Broader Permissions Policy

No comments: