Thursday, June 13, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/13/2019


Figures Flowers and Landscape, Cheng Hongshou, One Leaf, 1627

Daily Thoughts 06/13/2019

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I read some of The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius on the train to work.  It is stoic philosophy.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking for damaged material on the main floor and in the mezzanine.

I put in several orders for new books this afternoon from New York State funds.  I am also working on an order for nonfiction DVDs.

Tomorrow I am going to If We Build It...  Sustainable Funding In Libraries and Archives at Metro from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It should be quite interesting.

I am also going to present for a few minutes at the Community Development Block Grant Meeting on June 17, 2019.

I spent some time working on paperwork for grants this morning.  I had to fill out some final forms and fax a few things.

There is a session today on how to download videos and pictures to your smart phone in the computer lab at 5:30 p.m.


Web Bits


Why Public Libraries Are Amazing

Rejecting Objections, NYC Landmarks the Strand

An ode to the library, one of democracy's greatest institutions

No comments: