Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/26/2019


A Scholar at the Lectern, Rembrandt, 1641

Daily Thoughts 06/26/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler.  This is a self help book focused on communication.

We had a staff meeting this morning.  We discussed a variety of employee issues and issues with the hiring process as well as negotiations between union and management.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time checking for damaged books.  I also checked for some items on a list of missing books.

I spent some time working on ADP.  I also spent some time discussing the local history room with a colleague.  There is quite a bit to discuss.

I also updated some scheduling in ADP.  I have to discuss new schedules with a clerk I am working with.

I also spent some time working on the Vision Grant from Humanities New York today.  We are talking with people about what they want for programs on the Harlem Renaissance in 2020.

Web Bits


Amazon Says It is Not A ‘Lawless’ Retail Platform As Charged by NYT

Santa Barbara Library to Contact International Space Station

Editorial: For The Sake of Kids and Neighborhoods: Open Libraries On Sunday (Chicago)

No comments: