Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Daily Thoughts 06/18/2019

Viejo leyendo un libro - Joaquín Agrasot.jpg
Viejo leyendo un libro - Joaquín Agrasot, 1889

Daily Thoughts 06/18/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Horse, The Wheel and and Language on the way to work.  I am reading about the origin of the wheel.

I also read some more of The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.  It is a good reminder about what you have control over in your life and not to worry about things which you cannot direct.\

I checked the displays.

I have an order to work on.  I also have a copy of Booklist to read.

I checked some books in the mezzanine.

We have been getting ready for the Adult and Teen Summer Reading Program which starts on June 21, 2019.

I met to discuss a vision grant focused on the Harlem Renaissance today.  We asked people from the Bullet Journaling class from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. if they would tell us what they would like for a Harlem Renaissance program.

I also set a date for the fundraiser and reading of Poor Joshua The Deshaney Case and Child Abuse in America by John R. Howard.  It will be on October 5 at 1:30 p.m.

The Crochet Group met today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..  They brought in a crochet blanket with the words Juneteenth on it.

We also have a beginning Microsoft Word and a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight in the computer lab.



Web Bits


How Has the Internet Changed Book Culture?

A Library Thrives Quietly, In One of Pakistan’s Gun Markets




No comments: