Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Afternoon Thoughts, Evening Thoughts

A copy of The Thinker by Auguste Rodin at Columbia University in New York.


Afternoon Thoughts

Tonight is my late night. It is a day for minor cleanup. I finished most of the ordering I plan on doing this week. Right now, I am sorting the boxes next to my desk to see what I will send to the recycling bins. I already sent several old phone books to the recycling boxes as well as some dated law material. We really can't save old phone books and legal materials because it ceases being accurate. Actually, this isn't quite true, we do keep a copy of the old phone book each year for the local history collection.

We have over fifty years worth of old phone books for our town. Occassionally people use this for genealogical purposes. Looking up old obituaries is also the main reason we keep the old newspapers on microfilm. People often send us letters requesting obituaries from the old papers. We search for them then print them up and send them out to requesters.

Someone wrote a review for this blog. I am posting a link to it here.
best blog

Evening Thoughts

I did some weeding of the business management and leadership sections the 650 dewey numbers. It looks like I'll have to replace a lot of the material on office automation. Most of the material was very outdated. I'll be ordering "administrative assistant" handbooks, office planning, home office books, keyboarding, and wordprocessing books.

I am looking at a copy of Crystal Rain by Tobias Buckell. It comes before Ragamuffin in the series.

I have written a bit of the review for The Future of the Internet by Jonathan Zittrain. It has been a slow, but steady process.

No comments: