Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Morning Thoughts

Sculpture near the entrance of the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle, Washington (United States)


Morning Thoughts


I finished reading Saturn's Children. Despite it being a science fiction adventure story, there are some very interesting themes in the book about freedom, slavery, and the meaning of having robotic slaves. These themes make the book much deeper than it appears on the surface. It will take me a little while to write up the review.


I also placed The Last Theorem by Arthur C. Clarke and Frederik Pohl on hold. This is a hard science fiction book. It was released on August 5, 2008. The book is currently on the Locus bestseller list. The authors are both masters of writing science fiction.


I read a little bit of the fantasy book Reaper's Gale on the train in to work this morning. It is a classic swords and sorcery series. I am really enjoying Steven Erikson's writing.


When I got to work, I had to do a little bit of updating the reference books. That is, replacing the old books with new ones. It is just one of those every day activities which I do.


I also did more weeding this morning of the business management books, the 650s.


I am on an early lunch because I have a meeting this afternoon. It should be interesting...

No comments: