Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daily Thoughts 12/8/2009

Vincent Van Gogh, 1887, Three Books, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam


Daily Thoughts 12/8/2009

Today I am going to the New York librarians meetup. It should be interesting. We are visiting the Mercantile library in Manhattan which is a fiction only collection. I look forward to learning a lot from the visit. I order a lot of the adult fiction for the library where I work. I think this trip will be both an educational experience and a chance to meet with other librarians.


There is a new name for the Mercantile Library, it is called The Center for Fiction. This is their website. I will write more about it tomorrow. I am going to take the time to look at their recent acquisitions to compare them with what we may be getting. http://centerforfiction.org


I will write more about it tomorrow as it is getting late.

No comments: