Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Daily Thoughts 06/18/2014

Cover of the first collection of the comic strip Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend, by American cartoonist Winsor McCay, 1905



Daily Thoughts 06/18/2014

I read a bit more of Capital in the 21st Century.  I am reading about the economics of inheritance.  One of the things which is described is how because people live longer, they tend to generate more capital towards the end of their lives creating larger inheritances.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I checked the displays and the gift books.  I printed up some of the flyers for the Adult Summer Reading program.  I also wrote up the May monthly statistics and did a little bit of work with the oversize books.

I also spent some time discussing our circulation statistics which have gone up a little bit.  I am working on a job description for a Substitute Librarian.

We got ten copies of the book, Opportunity Knocking today by Lori Ann LaRocco.  She is reading in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 21, 2014.

There was a computer class in the Computer Lab for Microsoft Powerpoint from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.


Web Bits



Governor Malloy Signs Bill Creating Statewide Electronic-Book Delivery System-- Connecticut

Digital Readiness: Nearly One-Third of Americans Lack the Skills to Use Next-Generation “Internet of Things” Applications

No comments: