Monday, January 4, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2016

Women - Utagawa Kuniyoshi
Utagawa Kuniyoshi (1797-1861), Female Portrait, Edo Period

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I put in my order for new books today.

Last night, I read some more of The Girls of Atomic City.  I learned that the clandestine name for the British nuclear weapons programme during World War II was the tubealloys program.  In the United States, the term tube alloy was used to describe the content of the atomic bomb.

I placed a hold on Can & Can'tankerous' a short story collection by Harlan Ellison after seeing this article.  http://www.npr.org/2016/01/02/461281398/harlan-ellison-returns-with-a-cantankerous-new-collection?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160103

Web Bits


Library of Congresss Anoints Graphic Novelists as Ambassador for Young People's Literature

When Journalism Catches Hollywoods Eye

For Internet to Go, Check the Library
 

No comments: