Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/12/2016


Daily Thoughts 01/12/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

We are opening the computer lab earlier in the day starting this week so we can have more computer coverage.

On the way to work, I read some more of We, Robots.  I am reading a critique of the movie Her where in the future, a man falls in love with an artificial intelligence.  Curtis White describes it as a man falling in love with his operating system.  There is quite a bit of philosophy combined with very dark humor in this book.

I spent some time looking up information on mobile devices and libraries.

I also looked at different options for career services.

I am doing a small order of professional books.

I put together a request to go to the Urban Librarians Unite Conference, Weird Science on May 6, 2016 in Brooklyn at the Brooklyn Public Library.  It should be enjoyable.



No comments: