Friday, January 8, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/08/2016

Garden Restaurant
Auguste Macke, Garden Restaurant, 1912

Daily Thoughts 01/08/2016

I started reading Secular Meditation 32 Practices for Cultivating Inner Peace, Compassion, and Joy by Rick Heller.  Right now, I am reading about compassion and kindness.  This is basically a revised version of buddhist practices so far with many of the religious parts taken out.  I was hoping for something a little more secular.


I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent some more time discussing the Sparks! Ignitions Grant with colleagues.  I am reading over the requirements right now.  I registered with grants.gov and a few other places.

I updated the Ebooks list for Bookletters today.

I read some more of Secular Meditation today.  I read some material on inner peace.   There was a little bit on Henry David Thoreau and how his philosophy is similar to mindfulness.   Also, the author wrote a little bit on how stoicism is related to buddhism.  I sometimes read The Enchiridion by Epictetus which is a short work of stoic philosophy.

Web Bits


Metro’s 2016 Annual Conference Schedule

No comments: