Monday, January 25, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/25/2016

Miss Ethel Philip Reading - James McNeill Whistler
Miss Ethel Philip Reading, James McNeill Whistler, 1894

Daily Thoughts 01/25/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Nonviolent Communication.  I am reading about how to express anger without directly blaming other people.

I also read some more of Humans Are Underrated.  I am reading about military training.  Geoff Colvin is describing how it is not just jet versus jet.  To improve training, it has to include pilot versus pilot in training.  Geoff Colvin describes how simulations of combat before battles improves results.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I am working on a flyer for an event in February.  We are having Sylvia Mims who recently received a CD, Where Lovers Live do a Valentines concert on Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.

I have some more work to do with the Sparks! Ignition Grant.

I spent some time in the computer lab today helping patrons.  I also am working on a set of procedures for the computer lab.

I finished reading Nonviolent Communcation A Language of Life 3rd Edition by Marshall B. Rosenberg, PhD.  I found it to be an interesting book.  I think it helped me understand how to communicate without conflict a little better.  It made me think about concepts like compassion, empathy, and conflict resolution.

I donated a small amount of money to Everylibrary which is political organization which supports libraries.  http://action.everylibrary.org/

Web Bits


S.F. Library Rolls Out Biblio Bistro for Lessons on Cooking

The Book and Pub Club: Not Your Mothers Book Club

No comments: