Friday, January 29, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/29/2016

The Second Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling, 1911

Daily Thoughts 01/29/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement and the New York Review of Books.  I also read through several copies of Booklist.

I  put in an order for a few books on African history.  February is Black History Month.  I also spent some time in the afternoon working on the displays focusing on civil rights, African history, and African American history.

I also spent some time talking to Literacy Solutions New York, Inc. which is at Yonkers Public Library.

We are planning on opening our computer lab for longer hours.  10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday.

I read some more of On Her Own Ground.  I am reading the story about how Madam C.J. Walker started losing her hair, then used a hair regrowth product.  This led to her becoming a hair product saleswoman in addition to being a laundress.  She moved to Denver where she learned to create her own formulas for haircare products.  It is a story of entrepreneurship and investing in what you know.

Web Bits


77 Percent of Harlem Library Secondary Schools Don't Have Librarians, Group Says

Bill Gates Share This Habit With Successful Leaders

No comments: