Thursday, January 7, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2016

File:StudyofScarletFirstBook.jpg
A Study In Scarlet, Arthur Conan Doyle, 1888

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading Time Was Soft There A Memoir A Paris Sojourn at Shakespeare and Company by Jeremy Mercer.  The book reminds me of how different time passes in bookstores and libraries.  In libraries, I have noticed that the clocks often have slightly different times on them.  There is a fluidity to exactly when things get done.

This book reminded me of how wonderful it is to live the literary life.  It is something which takes time to be part of.  The bohemian atmosphere with wine, beer, cigarettes, long nights, and constant reading and writing was satisfying to read about.  The book reminded me of why I like books so much.  It is well worth reading.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  January is Financial Wellness Month.

I put out the Bookpage for January.

I am getting ready to watch a webinar for the Sparks! Ignition Grant.  The webinar was an hour long.  It was interesting.  We have a DUNS Number and a Federal Tax ID# for the library.  Now we register on two different websites, grants.gov and sam.gov (systems for awards management) in order to apply for a government grant for the library.

I spent some time updating the Bookletters pages for the website.


Web Bits




Staying Smart: How Today's Graduates Continue to Learn Once They Complete College

No comments: