Friday, January 22, 2016

Daily Thoughts 01/22/2015



A New Book by Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book, 1895-911, Book Poster

Daily Thoughts 01/22/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some time reading more of Nonviolent Communication.  I am reading about clarity in communication.  How to say why you feel a certain way.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also spent some time looking at the library photogalleries. http://mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/from-the-edge-of-our-history-mount-vernon-public-library/

The book, Mobile Library Services, Best Practices Edited by Charles Harmon and Michael Messina came in for me to read.  The book, The Handheld Library Mobile Technology and the Librarian, Edited by Thomas A. Peters and Lori Bell came in for me to read.

I have been spending some time looking at the new website.  It is much better looking than the old one.

I am going to work a little bit on the Sparks! Ignition Grant.

I applied to work with Culture In Transit today. 

Tomorrow, the library is closed due to inclement weather.  There is going to be a huge snow storm.  I checked out a movie and have a few books to read.

Web Bits


Harvard “Free The Law” Project

General James 'Mad Dog' Mattis Email About Being 'Too Busy To Read' Is A Must-Read

A New Vision for Public Libraries

Library Bids Farewell to Leslie Burger
Alan Burger did some consulting work for our library.

Library Shelves, Not Just Grocery Stores, Are Almost Bare
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog-live/liveblog/updates-winter-storm-targets-d-c-region/#fe2b29b6-eb15-4211-883a-169c3686f06a
There should be a big blizzard tomorrow.

The New Digital Divide Mobile First Design Serves All Virtual Patrons
http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2016/01/04/new-digital-divide-mobile-first-design/



No comments: