Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/01/2012


La Lettre, 1908, Jean Beraud


Daily Thoughts 05/01/2012

I mostly relaxed this weekend.  I updated the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  I also checked the e-reference this morning.

I am looking at the latest copy of Library Journal and Baker and Taylor Forecast.

I found an interesting looking book Networked The New Social Operating System by Barry Wellman and Lee Rainie.

I am planning on going to the Library Journal Day of Dialog on June 4, 2012.  I am registered for it.
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/events/dayofdialog2012/?utm_source=lj&utm_medium=webt&utm_campaign=dayofdialog

The latest Publishers Weekly, April 30, 2012 also has coverage of Book Expo America
I very much enjoy going to book conferences.

We have our computer classes tonight.  We have been having very solid attendance.

I finished reading The Power of Habit.   Charles Duhigg describes habits at the individual, company, and societal level.  A lot of it is about how to change habits in people and organizations.  There is quite a bit about destructive habits like gambling and alcoholism.  He gives a very simple method to change habits.  I think I might start by trying to figure out how to change my habit of buying chips from the snack machine. 




Web Bits

Barnes & Noble Deal Gives Microsoft Door to E-books
http://draft.blogger.com/goog_2014849185

Video Libraries In Flux presented by Metro & ACRL NY
http://acrlny.org/?p=1550



No comments: