Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/29/2012

A Man Reading, Thomas Sword Good, 1827

Daily Thoughts 05/29/2012

On the way in I read some more of the Legions of Rome.  This book reveals how incredible cruel the Roman governance could be.  Many of the revolts happened because of what we would consider today to be excessively cruel treatment.  I also learned about the hard discipline in the legion.  The legions were at their strongest when they demanded the most from their men.

This morning, I checked the libraries Twitter and Facebook account.  I also checked the displays.  We have our computer classes today in the evening, one intermediate class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and one beginning class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. in the computer lab.

I started on Javascript on Codecademy.com.  It is much more challenging than CSS or HTML.  Pieces of it look like gibberish to me.  But, if I do enough exercises, it will start to make sense.

The latest Publishers Weekly came in.  Sometimes, it can be very ordinary to read.

Web Bits

Libraries Grapple with the Downside of E-books
http://www.npr.org/2012/05/29/153900929/libraries-grapple-with-the-downside-of-e-books

No comments: