Thursday, May 10, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/10/2012

Kuniyoshi Utagawa 1797-1861, Women

Daily Thoughts 05/12/2012

I have been steadily reading more of Steve Jobs.  The corporate politics are very ruthless.  The story of how Steve Jobs was ousted from Apple is quite interesting.  It shows a callousness, perfectionism, and absolute determination to have one persons vision lead the company.  There is a lot of betrayal, backroom deals, and alliances in this biography.  The office politics being described at Apple computers are truly partisan.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.  We had a shipment of boxes sent out to Better World Books yesterday.  Hopefully, it will do well.  I also checked the displays and gift books this morning and spent a little time talking to the Friends of the Library.

I spent some time in the Computer Lab helping people with filling out job applications and some basic computer skills from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

I also spent some more time on Codecademy.  I am learning how HTML and CSS work together to create styles in web pages.  It is kind of difficult for me.

Right now, maintenance is cleaning the floors in the work area so I cleared my desk and moved some things out of the way.  It should look nice tomorrow.

Web Bits

Speculations on the Future of the book at MIT Conference
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/conferences/article/51831-speculations-on-the-future-of-the-book-at-mit-conference.html




No comments: