Monday, May 28, 2012

Daily Thoughts 05/28/2012

Painting by Jean-Joseph Taillasson: Virgil reading the Aeneid to Augustus and Octavia.

Daily Thoughts 05/28/2012


This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter page for the library.  I also read a little bit more of the Visual Quickstart Guide to Javascript and watched a little bit more of the Javascript training video on Lynda.com.  It is much harder to understand.  Pretty soon I'll be starting the Javascript section of Codecademy.  I finished all the exercises with CSS in them.

I have been reading more of  Legions of Rome I have finished reading the individual histories of many of the legions.  At this point, I am reading about the different battles that were fought by the legions.  There are quite a few slave revolts and attempts to break away from the empire.  In addition, the Romans legions would often fight against each other to determine who would become emperor.  Reading about the conquest of England and the Germanic tribes driving the Romans out of Germany tells a story of both expansion and decline.

I learned that there will be a library pavilion with library oriented publishers and groups next to the librarians lounge at Book Expo America.  I like to sit in the librarians lounge, drink coffee and sort through what I have picked up on the show floor.  The show is next week, which is quite soon.  I am looking forward to it.

No comments: