Thursday, January 4, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2018

Gregor Perusek, Still Life by 1940

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

The library is closed due to severe weather.

I read some more of the The Vanishing Middle Class.  I am reading about how mass incarceration limits people chance to succeed and move from the lower classes to the middle class.  There are also tremendous racial disparities in incarceration.  Black or Latino people have a much greater chance to be in jail.  There is also a preference by the very rich statistically to not want to pay more taxes or support additional social programs.

I watched the final episodes of The Science of Mindfulness: A Research Based Path to Well Being on Hoopla.  There were 25 half hour episodes.  We get five shows to watch each month.  It took five months to finish the series on Hoopla.

I also watched the movie Freakonomics.  It is very similar to the book.  There are lots of interviews with the authors of the book, Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.  I found the movie amusing.

Web Bits


Fashion Institute of Technology's Library Gets a Makeover

No comments: