Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/31/2018

Calligrafie, Jan Van De Velde (1605).jpg

Calligraphy by Jan Van De Velde; from Spieghel der schrijfkonste, 1605

Daily Thoughts 01/31/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Data Strategy.  Sometimes you pick up bits of information which stick with you while you are reading.  I learned that Hello Barbie is an AI barbie for children which monitors what you tell it.

I also read a little more of The Victory Lab.  I am reading about the rise of political consultants for campaigns.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I spent some time discussing the Community Development Block Grant with the director and treasurer.  We had discussed a few ADA improvements last year with the library.  I looked up some statistics and a few articles.

Web Bits

Mysterious 15th Century Manuscript Decoded by Computer Scientists Using Artificial Intelligence
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/mysterious-manuscript-decoded-computer-scientists-ai-a8180951.html


No comments: