Friday, January 26, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/26/2018

File:Juan Gris, 1910-1927 - Carafe et livre - Google Art Project.jpg
Juan Gris, Carafe and Book, 1920

Daily Thoughts 01/26/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read a little bit of the book, The Truth Matters by Bruce Bartlett.  This book is about fake news. So far I have learned a little bit about news terms like documentary evidence, on the record, and off the record.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also checked on my ecourse Winning Support and Influencing Communities for Library Funding.

I am preparing for a management meeting today.

We discussed a variety of subjects from programming to signage.

I spent some time checking items that needed to be mended, discarded, or replaced today in the afternoon.  I also looked through the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

The book, The Victory Lab The Secret Science of Winning Campaigns by Sasha Issenberg came in for me to read..  I also have a copy of the February 2018 Bookpage to read.

Web Bits

Visual Merchandising Applying Bookstore Insights to Public Library Collections
http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2018/01/visual-merchandising-applying-bookstore-insights-to-public-library-collections/

Advocating for Libraries: Tips for Talking for Legislators
http://www.districtdispatch.org/2018/01/advocating-tips-talking-to-legislators/




No comments: