Saturday, January 27, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/27/2018


The Bankers Table, William Michael Harnett, 1877


Daily Thoughts 01/27/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read a little bit more of Data Strategy this morning.  I am reading about why every business now is a data business.

Last night, I finished reading The Truth Matters A Citizen's Guide to Separating Facts From Lies And Stopping Fake News In Its Tracks by Bruce Bartlett who is a veteran journalist and presidential adviser.  This a short 119 page guide on how to sort out what news is authoritative and accurate.  It explains how newspapers are dying and news is increasingly being driven by audience size.  The reader learns how to set up their own news feed, pick out information that is less biased, and gets a better understanding of how journalism works.  It is easy to read, accurate in its presentation, and even supports your library.

Webinar Organizing Powermapping from PC Sweeney of Everylibrary


I am sorting out some ideas that I need to communicate right now.

I checked out the ebook, Campaign Boot Camp 2.0 Basic Training for Candidates, Staffers, Volunteers and Nonprofits by Christine Pelosi on Hoopla as an e-book.  Christine Pelosi is the daughter of Nancy Pelosi.  I also reserved the book, Rules for Radicals A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals by Saul D. Alinsky.

Web Bits

Blackbeard the bookworm?  Why conservators think the pirate may have kept a library aboard his ship.

Hamptons Based Library Promoting Animal Adoption Through Art




No comments: