Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/30/2018

Reading lamp. Nautilus design - Louis Comfort Tiffany
Reading Lamp, Nautilus Design, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1899

Daily Thoughts 01/30/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Victory Lab on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also worked on some orders for new books.

I spent some time discussing our procedure for reporting when computer equipment is broken.  We are trying to keep a log.

The book Rules for For Radicals A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals by Saul D. Alinsky came in for me to read.

I spent some time discussing the Friends of the Library Writing Contest from 2013 with colleagues.

I am also thinking about the Lets Build Robots! Tweens Learn. Build. Share. fundraiser and how we will create the programs that go with it.

There was a crochet group today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There is also a Fundamentals of Computers class tonight as well as a Beginning Microsoft Word class.

I put out the latest Bookpage for February.

I also spent some time looking through damaged material to see what needed to be replaced, mended, or discarded.

On the way home, I read some more of The Victory Lab.  I am reading the history of how people developed campaign letters and polling for politics in the United States.  A lot of it is about statistics and motivation.

Web Bits

Save School Libraries Petition
http://www.saveschoollibrarians.org/schoollibrarians?utm_campaign=schoollibpetit&utm_medium=email&utm_source=votelibraries

No comments: