Monday, January 8, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/08/2018


Daily Thoughts 01/08/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of the Beginners Guide to Community Based Arts.  Keith Knight, one of the authors is a syndicated cartoonist.  This makes the illustrations and content quite entertaining.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We are ordering several ebook copies of Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff.  We ordered some print copies, but they may not be here until the 18th or 19th of the month.

I am working on some more of my monthly report.  I have to put the statistics together.

I have started taking the Ecourse Winning Support and Influencing Communities for Library Funding.  This is not a grant writing course.  It is a course focused on gaining supporters for libraries.  It is about political activism where you ask people to support your library with funds and volunteering.  There are two documents which stand out immediately in the course From Awareness to Funding.  http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/oclc/reports/funding/fullreport.pdf   and the 2016 Pew Research Report on Libraries.  http://www.pewinternet.org/2016/09/09/libraries-2016/

Web Bits


From A to Y Sue Grafton Remembered

Frustration Grows Over Delay In State Takeover of Hawaiis Only Volunteer Run Public Library

No comments: