Saturday, January 6, 2018

Daily Thoughts 01/06/2018

Pianist and Listener - Umberto Boccioni

Pianist and Listener, Umberto Boccioni, 1908

Daily Thoughts 01/06/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked on some scheduling.

On the train to work, I read some more of The Vanishing Middle Class.  I am reading about how the school systems went from being segregated by race to being segregated by class.  Increasingly those with money are moving to the suburbs where there are better schools or putting their children in private schools.  People with less money are stuck in inner city schools and as part of poorer school systems.

I checked the displays and the gifts this morning.

I am looking at Beginners Guide to Community-Based Arts  Revised Edition by Keith Knight, Mat Schwarzman and Many Others.  It is a graphic guidebook to community arts.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.  I also read through a copy of Library Journal.

I spent some time working on my monthly report, but did not finish it.

I also put together some display lists for Bookletters for new fiction, new nonfiction, and new dvds.

Web Bits


A Tough Environment -- Review and Reinvention Planned

Suburban Libraries Working to be More Accomodating to the Homeless


No comments: